7 Tips to promote your blog using Slideshare
Update: The presentation below has appeared as a FEATURED PRESENTATION on Slideshare.
The most important activity for any blogger is to learn how to promote his/her blog. “Content is King” but what if no one reads it or the worst no one knows it exist. There are various techniques besides SEO that can help you promote your blog. But in this post we will learn how to promote a blog using Slideshare:
Most of the bloggers use Slideshare, Google Docs, Scribd and Zoho etc. to share occasional documents with their blog readers. But will not it be good to use these services to promote your blog. Here are some tips on how to boost your blog traffic with SlideShare:
- Complete your profile details: Make sure you fill in your blog URL on Slideshare profile page. When someone likes your presentation, they would love to check out who you are and may eventually visit your blog.
- Share Best Posts on Slideshare: Occasionally you can upload and share your top posts on Slideshare by converting them into a document. That way you will get extra exposure through slideshare.
- Create and use presentation themes: Try to create a common presentation theme that is consistent in all presentations you share on Slideshare. People visiting your documents will relate to you and your blog when they see something common in all your presentations. Most importantly, use your blog logo while creating the theme and add URL wherever possible.
- End Notes: It is generally beneficial to add a last slide with your contact details along with blog URL. If someone like they can learn more about you and your blog. Make it easier for them to reach you.
- Promote others: Blog promotion should not be a one sided game. You can’t receive anything in return unless you give it first. You will soon sound boring if you always talk about yourself. Make it a habit to promote others’ presentation on Slideshare using social media. Give them a reason to know you when you tweet and share their content on various social networks. If possible, blog about others presentations, favorite and comment on them.
- Connect with others: When you are at Slideshare, don’t just keep checking your stats. Rather connect with others who have promoted your documents. Join the groups your documents are part of. This way you will connect with smart authors, leaders and other interesting people. You can built a good following for your blog just by connecting with these people.
- Reciprocate: When someone adds you or your presentation as favorite, visit them and reciprocate. And why someone has to be first to initiate that cycle. Go visit other popular presentations and be the first to comment, share and add them as a contact on Slideshare. When you add someone as friend on any social network, there is a tendency to reciprocate.
I am sure you got the idea of it to make yourself a better Slidesharer. The key is, “You got to promote others to promote yourself.” Give others a reason to connect with you and learn more about you and your blog. Slowly you will start seeing the results. Initially you might have to work really hard, but slowly that will become an habit and the entire process will work by itself.
Below is the slideshare presentation created using this post content:
I can’t guarantee skyrocketed results but I can gurantee when next time you share something on Slideshare, you won’t be the only one reading your own presentations. There will be 100s of other who will promote your presentations with a link to your blog. Finally, if your content is good, you will see your stats growing very very fast.
What do you have to say? Can you think of something else to this list? Feel free to provide your suggestions and let us know how it has worked for you. Have you used Slideshare to share your top posts. I am very eager to hear from you… Please share…