Remotely Control your PC using iPhone from anywhere
There is always some important file you forget on your home computer before starting for the business trip. And what if you need something you didn’t plan on using earlier. In all these instances you always thought, “It would have been great if I could access my computer somehow.” Well, now you can…”There is an app for that” too.
TeamViewer iPhone app lets you remotely control any PC or Mac from your iPhone. TeamViewer is free for Personal and non-commercial use.
Install TeamViewer Desktop app on your home computer and TeamViewer (Lite) iPhone app (iTunes Link) on your iPhone. Follow on screen prompts and set up your computer for continuous access. Now whenever you want to access your computer, just launch TeamViewer on your iPhone, enter the password you set on your computer for continuous access. After authentication, you are seeing and controlling your home computer, no matter where you are.
How cool is that? Below are some of the features you would love to know about (including some screen shots):
- Control your PC or Mac from iPhone as if you are sitting next to it.
- Run and close apps on your computer right from your iPhone.
- Access files and documents and even email to anyone using your home computer email client.
- Provide support to your family and friends if they have TeamViewer installed on their computers.
- Control via multi-touch gestures: left click, right click, drag & drop, scroll wheel, zoom etc.
- Complete keyboard access including special keys and Windows key.
- Reboot remote computer and reconnect automatically provided you have set up TeamViewer on your computer for that.
- Highest security standards: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding, 1024 Bit RSA Key Exchange.
This is one of its kind of application and if you frequently needs to access your home computer from remote locations, then you should probably try it out for sure. Other than the remote accessing your files, you may also use this to control you PC in a media center setup while watching movies through your computer. Use your iPhone as a remote. There should be various other uses I am sure…so go check it out.