Windows Phone 7 launched today, does anyone care? Let’s find out!
Today, Oct 11, 2010, Microsoft introduced their revamped mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7 into the market. The phones are being manufactured by HTC, LG and Samsung and in US they will be available through AT&T and T-Mobile. Total 10 phones are being released at this time, rest obviously will follow. There will be apps and close integration with other Windows Live services and products. Please follow above link to learn more about it.
Now, did the world need yet another operating system? There were already enough players in this field like Apple iPhone, Google Android, Blackberry and Nokia and Microsoft’s very own Windows Mobile 6.5. Of course, Microsoft already lost this battle back in 2007-08 when Apple iPhone came into the market and it swept entire Windows Mobile market like it never existed.
Obviously they are too late in the game of smartphones. Android is already taking over iPhone, so there will be a strong battle to change the market dynamics at this point. But it will be very interesting to see the competition.
However, lets look at some details about Windows Phone 7.
- Windows Phone 7 : In-depth preview [via Engadget]
- 7 Reasons why Windows Phone 7 is the iPhone killer [via TheNextWeb]
- Why Windows Phone 7 is dead on arrival [via TheNextWeb]
- Demo video for Windows Phone 7
Before giving my personal opinion what I like or dislike about Windows Phone 7 or why I might prefer to go for an Android or an iPhone, let me ask you.
Which phone would you buy next?
- iPhone – Because you are an Apple fan. Or you just like iPhone overall. Whether it is on AT&T or Verizon, but you will always use an iPhone.
- Android – You like open. Again, you are a big Google fan because Google has made your life so much easier. Free GPS, a plethora of options from different manufacturers and all kinds of bells and whistles. No matter where the market goes, but I like Android.
- Blackberry – No matter what the world says, but you will stick to Blackberry because that’s what your company provides you. It will probably take a long long time for them to switch to something different. So willy-nilly you will have to stick to your same old blackberry phone.
- Windows Phone 7 – Well, that’t the newest kid in the market. And since you always want to use the latest gadget, you will buy a Windows Phone 7. It’s integration with other Microsoft services is flawless. So you will at least give it a try first, then decide.
- Others – It’s not end of the world, if you don’t want to spend extra money on data plan. It may be just that you never use your phone more than as a actual phone, i.e. to make call. Nothing else. So whatever is available for FREE through your service provider, you will stick with that.
Now that’s almost a short summary of what generally people think before buying a new phone. So let us know through above poll, and/or in comments what will be your next phone? And why? Help me write my next post on this topic with your views in it. I am all ears…