Google+ for Android gets a huge face lift
Wow! What I just saw is unbelievable. As I mentioned in my previous post, Google is definitely up for creating a consistent look among various Google products. Entire Google team is working on creating/updating its entire range of products in a
better looking beautiful looking feature rich products.
What Google has released today are two product updates. Google+ app for Android gets a huge face lift and Google Reader get the same consistent look we are slowly becoming used to with Gmail, Search and all. Google reader also receives Google+ integration. But that update is probably another post in itself.
In this article we want to see what Google+ updated app brings on the table. Let’s see what’s new in this version:
- Completely new app and new visual design. New Home screen design puts the notification in top right corner which were previously in the bottom.
- Press and hold a post in the stream to +1, share or mute it. The stream also get a UI tweak.
- Brand new posting UI. Posts with photos show more content, covers most of the area as far as possible. You can also quickly toggle the location sharing.
- Hangouts has all new controls.
- Messenger also show items with bigger pictures and provides a cleaner design.
- Profile tab also shows more information in tabbed format.
- The album view receives a huge change. All your albums are now displayed here instead of hopping around different screens. When you open an album the photos take full space on the screen which give a stunning look at all your photos.
- When you go to the circles, it shows a preview of who all are in those circles. And when you go to one particular circle, it shows you a list of all the members in that circle.
- Among other updates is the support for Google Apps users, ability to sign out and add people to a circle from circle profiles.